Wedding Checklist: Photographer and Videographer Check, DJ or Band Check, Food and Drink Check, but Oh no! What is our song going to be for our music video?
No worries! At Photos By Orion, we have you covered. We tell stories with our photography and videography, but after the party, that is when we go to work to create a music video that you can play and cherish for years to come. How do we do this?
- Choosing music for your video starts for us when we first meet you, as it should for you. Ask yourself what is your favorite music? Bands, Genre, Vocals, or Instruments what is it that you find yourself singing or humming too.
- Do you have a favorite song? You hear it all the time this is our song. Is it your favorite or your spouse’s favorite? You want it to be the song that truly identifies you as a couple and your love for each other.
- We tune into your entire day, and the music that rings out during the reception. While you are dancing the day or night away we are looking to see what are the songs that light up you and your room. Remember this video is yours, but you want others to enjoy it as you look back for years to come this beautiful chapter in your life.
- What if you cannot come together on that song or music? We use a musical data base that we pay monthly for called Triple Scoop that has thousands of licensed songs and instrumentals. This is where our musical memory kicks into action. We pick a song that frankly speaks to the couple from that first hello to that thank you after your wedding.
- We go one step further in this creation process. It is your video, so we want it to be perfect, and that is why it is important to bring you in to hear the selection and get your thoughts on the song choice. We can do that with our state-of-the-art editing technology, which even allows us to use part of one song and another.
Finally, what about popular music? You know, can you use Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers, Michael Jackson, or even Barry White for those Golden Agers? It is possible but not very practical and time-consuming. So please tune in next week as we break down what it truly takes to put on the hits on your wedding video.