There are 2 types of wedding videos typically produced today, the full wedding video and the highlight wedding video. In order for couples to choose which is right for them, they need to understand what the differences between the two videos are, and that is what Karin and Kathryn discuss in today’s video.
In this vlog Karin and Kathryn talk about something that is really unique. Not found elsewhere and a great alternative to boudoir. Not everyone is comfortable in that environment or even less so about having it photographed. Not a problem! Try a shimmer session!
Take a watch to see what Shimmer sessions are and why someone may choose one over a boudoir session. For more information check out the Photos By Orion website – https://www.photosbyorion.com/shimmer.html
You might be asking “Why should I consider Photos By Orion? They seem like one of those mall studio places and I really want to shop local?” When you search photographers in Salem, Oregon, you will get a list of results to sift through but you will only find one Photos By Orion. The truth of the matter is that we are a local mom and pop shop with big company dreams, giving you the best of both worlds- working with a local small business but the comfort of a Fortune 500 company.
In this vlog Karin and Kathryn discuss what makes Photos By Orion different from both the big national companies and from the other photography businesses out there. Everyone says they are different but we will show you why we really are different from the others.
There are many photographers out there to choose from for your wedding. There are many options to choose as well. One of those options is 1 photographer or 2. Two photographers who work together often are able to capture much more of your day. In this video Kathryn and Karin discuss why you may want to pay for 2 photographers at your wedding, the pros and cons, and how to compare photographer packages when looking at pricing. This is a hot topic in the wedding industry and one every couple wrestles with. Hopefully you will have more answers than questions after watching this video. Feel free to reach out with any questions!
In this video Karin and Kathryn discuss business portraits. Business portraits speak for you when you are not there. We discuss in this video about why you need a business portrait, how to use a business portrait, and tips for a great business portrait. Check it out below.
You read that right…. you can get your photos printed on metal. There are options for different finishes for metal prints and the photo itself can help you decide which finish to go with. In this video in our series about photo prints we discuss metal prints and finishes, how to choose as well as pros and cons to metal. Check it out here:
In this series we are talking about types of prints, and in this video it is all about paper prints. Most people think of the glossy prints you got from a grocery store photo lab. There are actually many options for paper prints. Check out this vlog about different paper types and what to consider when choosing a paper type.
Now that you have great photos, what do you do with them? You want to display them so you can enjoy them. There are quite a few options available for printing photos. In this five part series we talk about some of the options available for prints and pros and cons of each type. Check out the first video:
With the world being effected by COVID-19 there have been many changes people have needed to make. This includes weddings being cancelled or postponed. With weddings beginning to take place again they are not happening the way they were before. Many guests are not able to attend in person for a variety of reasons. Live streaming your wedding is a wonderful option for those who can’t be there in person but still celebrate with you.
There are many things to consider when deciding if you want to live stream, including what we talk about in the video below. But for the quick overview of what to consider before livestreaming your wedding or event, here are 5 tips we cover in the video to help you get started:
- Make sure you have enough internet bandwidth to stream well. The last thing you want at your wedding or event is to have the screen freezing, the audio cutting out, or worse, disconnection issues. How much internet speed do you need? We cover that in the video below.
- Location, location, location – Where you put your camera matters Your camera is the eyes of your online participants, so where they “sit” matters a lot. To be sure they have a great view, make sure to set up in a close up space very near the front where all the action is so they can see it all happen!
- Have a facilitator – Having a dedicated person there watching the stream feed, how your bandwidth is holding up, and making sure the sound is good is very important for making your event or wedding day go smoothly for those who attend virtually. You want to make sure they feel like they are there and appreciated for their attendence!
- Sound will be vitally important, so plan ahead – Next to seeing everything happen, your sound quality will be the other big factor in giving you online guests the best experience possible. It doesn’t matter if they can see you standing there if they can’t hear you say “I Do!” Make sure that you plan for how your online guests will hear you, as well as what the experience will be like (for more tips in this category watch the video!)
- Your online audience is still an audience, think from their perspective – Ultimately this is about having those who can’t attend in person feel like they are still there participating in your wedding or event. Taking some time to both think and experience it from their perspective will help you give them the best experience possible and let them know they matter to you!
To get all the info for having a successful live stream of your wedding check out the video below! Happy Planning
Keywords: photography, videography, live stream, wedding, wedding video, Salem, Oregon, Willamette Valley, salem oregon wedding photographer, salem oregon wedding videographer, drone wedding
This year due to COVID-19 Our Saviors Lutheran Church in Salem was not able to have their traditional Vacation Bible School program. We worked with them to make a 3 day series of videos for children to be able to watch at home. We filmed, edited, added music and on-screen graphics. We look forward to creating more videos like this.
Check out the video for Day 1 below.